

During the task, my knowledge of using the college cameras developed. Not only did I become more confident in filming scenes, I also learnt more in depth skills such as how to change the focus of the camera.
I also learnt that when filming a scene, you had to start the camera rolling for about five seconds before the actual take, and after the scene ends you have to keep the camera rolling for about the same amount of time after as well to make sure that you have enough footage when you edit the film.
In the A2 year of Media Studies, I would like to develop my skills within the editing side of the course. I feel that I have become more confident in this area of Media, however I feel that I could develop these skills further to allow me to be able to produce more professional looking films.
Out of all of the planning tasks that we conducted, I think that the most useful one was the camera shot time line. We did this by taking print screens from the music video so that we could see all of the shot types that we were going to be using . This helped us to replicate the shots in exactly the same way as in the original video, and hopefully overall made it look more professional.
I think that overall, we conducted our planning to a high standard, however, I think that we could have planned the costumes that we were going to be wearing a bit better. On the first day of filming, we didn't have enough 'school shirts' for everyone to wear; meaning that not everyone could be in the shot. If we had have planned who was bringing what for the costumes, then we would not have encountered this problem.
In the A2 year, I expect to have to conduct much more in depth planning, because we will be making a full length music video. We will also be creating the video ourselves, rather than re-creating an original video, and will have to manage a lot of people at one time, which could get boring for the participants. I will have to plan thoroughly each scene of everything that I record, as well as organising who is needed for each scene, and making a detailed time schedule.
Post Production
Once we had shot all of the scenes, we had to edit them all and put them together to make a continuous video. We did this using Adobe Premier Pro. To allow us to all have a go at editing the footage, our group split off into pairs, and each pair took it in turns to have a go at using the editing software. This worked well because it meant that we all got a chance to have a go at editing, whereas if we'd have done it as a whole group, there would have been just one person who dominated it. I now feel even more confident with using Adobe Premier Pro, but still feel that I could develop my editing skills even further.
During the editing part of the task, I think that the crop tool on Adobe Premier Pro was the most useful tool. It allowed us to cut the video clips down, to ensure that they were the right length to match the actual music video. We also used the software to speed up part of the video to make it match the original.
No comments:
Post a Comment